Wednesday, July 21, 2010

We're all connected

PR is a business full of close connections.
It seems you mention someone in the business and next thing you know, you share two or three names of people who are friends or former colleagues.
Such was the case today when I met with Caroline Hoenk who is a Vice President at Insidedge in Chicago.
When we first met on Tuesday morning, I learned that Caroline was Carly Jarosz's boss at Financial Dynamics!
Caroline is an attorney who works with clients at Insidege and she and I met this afternoon to talk about her work with the SOA, Society of Actuaries. We discussed two other clients and some of the research she's been supervising, as well as how this research informs communications strategy. Fascinating stuff.
Caroline was very generous with her time.
I look forward to other meetings as my internship progresses!

No comments: